SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation Electronic Cooling Module Term License / 3 Months
Product Engineers can optimize the cooling strategy for electronic components concurrent to the design process using the Electronic Cooling Module.
This add-in to SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation includes added-value electronic virtual models and an extensive materials library for heat transfer simulation. The additional capabilities include:
- Airflow Optimization - Ensuring the correct volume of cooling flow to all components is a key engineering challenge. Optimizing the airflow can require moving components and/or creating air baffles and ducts.
- Product Thermal Design - Overall thermal behavior must be understood to ensure correct product performance, including heat-up/cool-down cycles and maximum temperature under load.
- Heatsink Selection/Design - Selecting the correct heatsink can be crucial in the operational life of the component to be cooled. The correct heatsink can only be determined with knowledge of the overall airflow and the thermal impacts of the components on the PCB.
- PCB Thermal Simulation - Studying the PCB in isolation allows the designer to evaluate component placement, use of heat pipes, thermal pads and interface materials.
- Fan Selection - Optimizing fan selection and placement can have a dramatic impact on the overall thermal performance of a design.
NOTE: You are renting a SOLIDWORKS Add-in License for a three month term
Included with the Term License
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation Electronic Cooling Module 3 Month Term
- Joule Heating
- Heat Pipes
- PCB Generators
- Engineering Database - A library of interface materials and solids representing typical IC packages
- SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service
- Live Technical Support
- Software Upgrades
- My.SolidWorks Online Training & Resources
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).